Many websites offer functions that are only available to logged in users such as subscribers of a service provider. To configure such access restrictions, our website base provides a fully configurable registration and login system with extensive user management tools in the backend.
Some TYPO3 extensions offer basic login systems based on email and password. Our Website-Base significantly extends this functionality through numerous features, including:
- Registration and login via Facebook or Google accounts
- Automatic sending of e-mail notifications for registration confirmation, password reset etc.
- Full configurability of the mail templates used (more info)
- If required, registration and confirmation of multiple e-mail addresses per user
- Support for profile pictures via file upload or Gravatar incl. a selection tool for the image area to be displayed
- Automatic login after registration
- Adjustable password requirements
- Random password generation with consideration of these requirements
To make managing front-end users as easy as possible, an extensive front-end users module has been integrated into the back-end.
In this module, registered users can be searched for, edited and filtered by user groups. In addition, front-end users can be created, deactivated, deleted and manually confirmed here. The module also provides the ability to log in as a specific user in the front-end for testing or problem solving purposes. Last but not least, all accessible data can be downloaded as a CSV file.
The module thus offers all the functions needed to manage the registered page users.