7 Comments // Reading Time: 2 min.
Today we are able to release a new TypoScript plugin version again.
This time I mainly took care of the code documentation and the code auto-completion. On the one hand the performance was improved considerably, because I now use the file indexing of Jetbrains correctly and don't collect all files during operation like before. At the same time I had the "External Libraries" indexed as well. These are now available in the autocompletion and documentation. Understanding how this indexing works made it easy for me to integrate a "GoTo Declaration Handler". It allows you to jump directly to the file located behind the specified path. Currently this only works for the "INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT" lines. By the way, these now also have an autocompletion. ;) However, you may have to adjust a project setting in order to do this. More about this at the end of this article.
In addition, almost all TypoScript variables now have autocompletion and documentation, of course only if a type has been assigned to it as a value or defined by comment.
Here is an example:
/** Meine Beschreibung * Zeile 2 * * @var foo TEXT */ foo = bar
One of the last changes are now the extended project settings. A manual for these with effect can be found under the changelog.
These were only the big changes now. Of course I also made some minor adjustments here and there and removed some bugs that might have occurred.
Finally I would like to thank all users who use our plugin, because we have collected more than 40.000 downloads!
If you liked this update, I would be happy if you would leave me feedback and report me bugs - if any are found. :)
- [FEATURE] Massive improvements of the description of each element. (Ctrl+Q on Windows/Unix, Ctrl-J on Mac) ;)
- [FEATURE] A possibility to choose the source for the auto completion and documentation within the IDE settings
- [FEATURE] External libraries are considered now, so they are available as variables
- [FEATURE] Inline documentation for variables without a type. It's mostly like the PHP-doc syntax. An example is in the plugin description
- [FEATURE] Strong performance boost for the auto completion and documentation
- [FEATURE] Implementation of the goto deceleration for include TypoScript lines
- [FEATURE] Some smaller improvements...
- [BUGFIX] ...and bugfixes
Das sind die neuen Einstellungen. Ja, ich weiß dass es aus UI-Sicht optimierungswürdig ist, aber es funktioniert. :)
- Here you can set the TypoScript reference. This has the advantage that you can take the latest tsref directly from the core, because it might be outdated in the plugin.
- Here you should always define the "Project Root", since these are essential for the auto-completion of the "INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT" variables. In later versions this will play an even bigger role.