When you change the URL of a page in the page properties, automated redirects to the new URL are created. Therefore, the list of created redirects consists almost exclusively of automatically created elements. However, it is just as easy to create redirects yourself.
- To add a new redirect, click the Create new Redirect button.
- You will now be taken to the forwarding settings. Enter the Source URL and the Destination URL.
- If the forwarding is temporary, set the redirect code 302 (Temporary Redirect).
- You can divide the redirects into categories: Click the desired category in the Available Items list.
- A redirect can also have multiple categories.
- To remove a category, click on it in the Selected Items list and then click on the Recycle Bin icon. The category is then back in the list of available items.
- Save the changes.
You can create a new category in using the Create new Category button or directly in the settings of a redirect at Categories using the + icon.
In the list of redirects you can also see when the redirect was created, when it was last called and how the route was used in total. The number of calls can be reset to zero with the Flash icon. The hit count can be useful to get an overview of the usage of the redirects. For example, routes that are not called can be deleted.