The extension can be easily obtained from the TER or installed via Composer.
To install the extension with Composer, you need to execute
composer require sgalinski/sg-cookie-optin.
In both cases, the extension must then be added using the Template module and configured via the Tracking / Cookies module. Both steps are described below.
After the installation you have to add the static TypoScript named Cookie OptIn to your instance. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the Template module in your backend and select the page with the root template within the page tree.
- Choose Info/Modify in the selection above the content area.
- Click Edit the whole template record.
- Choose the Includes tab page.
- Choose the template Cookie OptIn (sg_cookie_optin) on the multiple selection box (right) with the name Include static (from extensions).
- After a clicking on the selection the template appears in the left box.
- Save your changes with the Save button above the content area.
Should your TYPO3 installation be located in a subdirectory e.g.
www.example.com/subdirectory, you should adjust the value general.folder in your extension settings in the TYPO3 backend.