The easiest way to create a new TYPO3 page is right above the page tree. If the option 'Create new pages' is selected (text document icon with plus), you will see various icons directly above the page tree. These stand for the different page types, which we briefly introduce in the linked documentation - four TYPO3 page types are presented in more detail in separate documentations: standard page, shortcut page, news page, category page.
- Select the desired page type.
- Click on the corresponding symbol and hold it with the left mouse button.
- Now hold and move the page directly to the required position in the page tree.
Make sure that you insert the new page between two pages. You are in the correct position when a line appears between the two pages. If you drag a page into an existing page, it will be inserted as the first subpage. If you want to add subpages, first expand the page tree where the new page is to be positioned and move the symbol there.
The new page in the page tree is hidden by default (it is not visible in the frontend menu and the URL is not accessible).
Add new page using the 'Create new' wizard
The 'Create New' wizard displays the page tree in the content area and offers the option to create a new page at any position.
- Select the position of the new page.
- The 'Create New' wizard only shows the subpages of the page you right-clicked on. So you only have the option to add a subpage there.
- Right-click in the page tree at the selected location or left-click on the document icon.
- In the menu that appears, go to More options and then select 'Create New' wizard.
- The content area shows the page tree and between each page there is a black arrow. Select the position for the new TYPO3 page and click the black arrow at the position where you want the page to appear.
- You are now in the page properties of the new page.
- Enter the page title and all other necessary information.
- Save your changes.
- Click with the right mouse button at a selected position in the page tree or with a left click on the corresponding document symbol.
- The new page will appear below this location, but not as a subpage.
- Select New in the context menu that appears to create a new page.
- The page properties are displayed in the content area.
- Enter the page title and all other necessary information for the new page.
- Save your changes.
The page position can be adjusted afterwards, you only have to move the page (see below).