Via the context menu
- Click either with the left mouse button on the document icon or with the right mouse button on the page title.
- In the context menu that appears, choose Delete (in the lower third).
- Confirm your selection with Delete in the window that appears.
- The page is now deleted.
Drag & Drop to the Recycler
If you have inserted a page in the page tree that has a recycle bin icon, you can use this folder.
- Click on the page to be moved to the recycler with the left mouse button and keep it pressed.
- Holding down the mouse button, drag the page into the trash and release it.
- The pages that are already in the recycler are displayed as subpages of the recycler. If you drag the page to be deleted between two pages, it will appear there. If you drag the page into the trash, you will find it as the first 'subpage'.
- A window with the options Copy and Move this item will appear in the content area. Choose an action (you will probably want to move the page).
- The page is now in the recycler.
Note: Deleting pages may be a problem for SEO reasons, because this URL cannot be reached. If you have many such URLs, this may have a negative impact on your search engine ranking. To prevent this, deleted URLs should always be redirected to the new page or another suitable page. Use the redirects module for this purpose.